MOABA is an organization founded to support and promote scientific research on basic principles of behavior and the effective and ethical application of those principles.
The purposes for which this corporation is organized are to promote the analytical science of behavior and the application of its associated technologies within the State of Missouri. Specifically the organization will:
- Serve as a scientific and professional reference group for all in the State of Missouri who identify themselves as scientists or practitioners in disciplines that embrace the principles and practices of behavior analysis.
- Promote research that will advance understanding of both human and animal behavior.
- Identify and promote the use of effective and humane behavioral systems in meeting the educational and habilitative needs of all persons within the State of Missouri.
- Advise political, legislative, and policy-making bodies with respect to all matters pertaining to behavior analysis in the State of Missouri.
- Organize and sponsor an annual convention that will serve as a forum for presentation of scientific and technological achievements as well as for discussion of the affairs of the organization at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
- Publish and distribute an official newsletter devoted to dissemination of scientific and technological achievements within the scope of behavior analysis and to matters of interest to the membership.